Monday, April 25, 2011

DIY Sundance Catalog Poster

One of my favorite things to read are magazine articles, news segments or blog posts on how to achieve a designer look for less! Whether it's clothing or a room remodel, it can always be done! Who doesn't love a budget friendly result?

While recently browsing the Sundance Catalog's website, I came across this beautiful "Eggs of the Avian" print....
I fell in love with it! But then, my eyes wondered over to the price and a loud gasp was released from my lips after it's discovery! While it is lovely in it's entirety, I unfortunately cannot afford this $495.00 piece of art. I really wanted to find a way to create it on a budget and was bound and determined to do so!
(The original is quite large but I only need something to fill a small space on my wall)

Here is what I came up with:
I found this FREE downloadable print over at The Graphics Fairy. I hate to admit it, but I actually like the vintage charm of this one better than the Sundance version! I know that if I take a pdf to a printing shop (Staples or Office Depot does it for only a few dollars), I can have it made into any size I need as long as the resolution is high enough. 
*For yet another similar egg graphic click here*


I then spotted this reclaimed 11X14 barnwood frame to finish off the look at Hobby Lobby for only $15.00! If I use a 40% off coupon that they so frequently send out, it would only cost me around $9.00!
(This frame can also be found at Michael's! Hooray!)

What do you think? Is it a close enough match? I think saving a whopping $475.00 makes it a perfect match! 

As soon as my spring cleaning, prepping the yard/garden for the new season and a little family vacation is complete, I will start this very project! 



Loved your visit! Until next time...
Photobucket

5 comments:

{natalie} said...

i like the wood frame, it is going to look cool. i'm excited that you are blogging again.

Anonymous said...

They have got to be kidding with $495. Maybe they meant $49.95. I love your version! Great work!!

Target Addict said...

I much prefer your budget version of the print. The Sundance Catalog is great for sourcing style ideas, but their stuff is WAY overpriced. So great job in sleuthing out a thrify alternative!

Whitney and Michael said...

I am a new follower! Love seeing your stuff, I am excited to see it all!
Thanks!
Whitney

http://domesticventures.blogspot.com/

Melissa {AllSewnUp} said...

Wow, cannot imagine spending that first price tag! youch! Yours will be equally lovely I'm sure of it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails